ASU Prep Digital students can earn digital certificates from ASU while in high school. These certificates include college credit and demonstrate proficiency in specific areas.
Students earn certificates by completing a series of ASU Open Scale courses. These online courses provide a low-risk way for students to test the college waters for free. You only have to pay if you complete the course with a passing grade and want to receive college credit.
Earning college credits while in high school can save students time and money when they get to college. The credits can also be transferred to most U.S. universities.
Please note, all projects and labs are completely online so no textbooks are required.
Fulton STEM Record of Achievement
By completing all four of the engineering courses (with a 3.0 GPA or higher), you will receive a STEM Record of Achievement, which would completely fulfill your Engineering Fast Track and get you on your way to a successful 3+1 start in the Fulton Schools!
- MAT 265: Calculus for Engineers I: Calculus with Analytic Geometry for Science and Engineering
- CHM 114: General Chemistry for Engineers [MAT 265 should be taken before CHM 114]
- CSE 110: Programming for Everyone: Introduction to Programming
- FSE 100: Introduction to Engineering: Imagine. Design. Engineer!
College Foundational Record of Achievement
By completing all four of the foundational courses, (with a 3.0 GPA or higher), you will receive a College Foundations Record of Achievement, which could be transferred into any degree at any U.S. university and provide a jump start on your college degree.
- ENG 101: English Composition
- ENG 102: English Composition: Research and Writing
- COM 100: Introduction to Human Communication
- MAT 117: College Algebra and Problem Solving
If you have questions about these digital certificate programs, Open Scale courses or how they compare with other ASU offerings, please contact an admissions advisor at ASUPrepDigitalAdmissions@asu.edu