What are the minimum system requirements?
The Learning Cloud was built and optimized for desktops and laptops running Windows, MacOS, and Chrome OS. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Hardware: Desktop, Laptop, or Chromebook.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10 and higher. MacOS 10.10 and higher. ChromeOS.
- Supported Browsers: Chrome, Edge, Safari.
- Minimum Resolution: 1024×768.
- Audio Output device. Example: Speakers.
- Stable internet connection, downstream speeds at least 10mbps.
- Mouse or Trackpad.
- Full QWERTY Keyboard.
Note: for the best experience, and to ensure compatibility, the latest OS and browser updates are recommended. Touch Screen mobile devices such as an iPad or a mobile phone are not recommended.
The following items are suggested for all courses:
- Printout of course pace chart and syllabus
- Pencils and college ruled paper for students who would like to take written notes
There are a few materials and downloads needed for particular courses (mainly electives) and a tech and materials spec document can be requested for any course.
Devices (We recommend devices less than 5 years old)
- Microphone and webcam
- Windows 10 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- High speed internet (recommended)
- Edge (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
Supported Browser Plugins and Settings
- Flash – latest version is recommended
- 1024×768 is recommended
- Pop-up blockers should be disabled
- Cookies should be enabled.
Virtual Reality (VR) /Augmented Reality (AR) Some courses have Virtual and Augmented Reality experiences which are best viewed with devices that are AR/VR enabled. These experiences can have large file sizes and it is recommended that they are downloaded over wi-fi. Minimum Devices:
- iPhones 5S
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Newer VR/AR enabled devices (Recommended)
Please contact support.asuprep.org for further assistance.