By Emily O’Reilly
assignments. It is important to start practicing healthy habits in order to be in a good mindset. School can
easily become overwhelming but it is critical that you stay strong throughout the entire semester. Every
student should try various methods and tricks if they find one isn’t working for them. Everyone
learns differently so something that may work for your peers may not work for you and vice versa. When
you find something that works for you, do your best to stick with it! Best of luck for the rest of the
● Get a Planner: A planner will allow you to track when you worked throughout the day, the
assignments you completed, and the important tasks for the day. You are also able to write down
the important events that will happen each month on the calendar.
● Try the Pomodoro Technique: This method will allow you to have a time for focusing along with
a break time. Spending 25-30 minutes focused on an assignment and taking a 5-10 minute break
can help you complete more assignments per day. You can also tweak this method to make it
work specifically for you.
● Make a List of Your Non-Completed Assignments: You can easily create a spreadsheet that has
every assignment so you will be able to check off an assignment once it is completed. You will
also be able to see how many assignments you need to complete by a certain time.
● Make Time for Leisure Activities: Although it is important to spend 6 or more hours, it is also
equally crucial that you spend some of the day doing something that you enjoy. Whether it is
your mental health.
● Ask For Help From Others: This may be scary but asking your teachers or professors if you take
concurrent courses for help can be essential. It can guide you into getting a better understanding
and grade but it also can help you to create a better relationship with your teachers. Whether you
don’t understand the entire assignment or if you need clarification, reaching out is a tool that you
● Create Target Goals: Setting goals can easily motivate you to complete your assignments. These
goals can be daily, weekly, or monthly depending on the type of goal. When you set your goals,
you will be able to remember to get it done while working your way up to it.