If you’re a K-12 educator, it’s time to plan your summer professional development. Prepare for the upcoming academic year by signing up for our teacher training programs, available at no cost to Arizona teachers (and a nominal fee if you teach anywhere else) thanks to the Arizona Virtual Teacher Institute and the generous investment of the Arizona Department of Education, the Governor’s Office, Helios Education Foundation and Arizona State University.
This is a great opportunity to hone your teaching skills through a series of courses designed in the new reality where online instruction has become part of every school plan. Our program will help you not just survive but thrive in adopting new digital, blended, hybrid and tech-rich instructional practices. Better yet, we’ll reward you for doing so with complimentary gifts just for participating.
Here’s what you need to know to start reaping the benefits this summer.
Enroll Now in an AZVTI Summer Boot Camp
Prepare for the next school year at the following summer boot camps, where you’ll earn 10 hours of PD credit over a three-day training session beginning at 9am each day. The deadline to enroll is June 1, 2021.
Free for Arizona educators. $75 per 3-day boot camp for out-of-state educators.
- Innovation Camp: In this hands-on session, you’ll discover how educational technology tools can provide a gateway to innovative instruction that cultivates innovative thinking in students.
- Future of School: Unpack researched-based strategies used by effective virtual teachers that can also be adopted by in-person teachers. We’ll focus on remediation and acceleration strategies and best practices to incorporate social-emotional learning.
- Project-Based Learning: Examine the fundamentals of project-based learning, focusing heavily on using inquiry, appropriate rigor, and essential and driving questions. You’ll learn about tools to streamline the PBL process and how to collaborate to plan your own PBL unit.
For more information and a full schedule of dates and times, please visit the summer workshops page.
Join a Half-Day Summer Workshop
These three-hour summer sessions are another great way to prepare for next year. Training runs Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9am-12pm and covers a range of topics, including:
- Introduction to Canvas
- Google Classroom and Beyond
- Critical Skills for the Emerging Online Teacher
- Advanced Practices for Online Teachers
- Effective Classroom Management in a Digital Age
- Educator Self Care/Foundations of Well-Being
- Engaging with Families as Partners
- Promoting Equity and Access
- Increasing Student Engagement through Feedback and Reflection
Free for Arizona educators. $25 per half-day workshop for out-of-state educators.
Check out the training calendar for additional topics and to register for upcoming sessions.
Get Rewarded for Training
- Sign up for AZVTI Rewards and you’ll receive a complimentary Digital Classroom Kit, including desktop wallpaper and customizable backgrounds you can use in your classroom.
- Complete one of the AZVTI training sessions and you’ll also receive a gift from the AZVTI Rewards Store. (Limit one gift per teacher.)
- Refer five colleagues and once they complete a training session you’ll also receive a state-of-the-art HD document camera.
Summer training sessions begin June 1. Register today.