Our online elementary school program provides families with the opportunity to access a world-class education from the comfort and safety of home. We combine hands-on activities with online lessons to create an engaging experience personalized to your child’s needs. Parents collaborate with our certified teachers to support student success and foster curiosity in a project-based model that encourages to students to work ahead at their own pace.
We’re a Different Kind
of Online School
Like most online schools we have a flexible schedule that allows students to work anytime, any place. But we’re also a world-class university with the technology and teaching resources that make our student experience unique.
- A model that surrounds students with support and creates a warm, safe space where they can be vulnerable enough to take risks in their learning
- Real collaboration between parents and teachers
- A Learning Success Coach is assigned to every family to help students focus on the future, pursue passions and develop a vision for the type of student they want to be
- Engaging curriculum that combines the best of online and offline, hands-on activities in layers of learning that foster deeper discovery
- Personalized one-on-one instruction
The ASU Elementary Student Experience
Sample Activities Calendar Grades K-5
Daily Class Huddle
We start the day by getting the whole class together for a live video home room session on Zoom. This is designed to build community, foster student friendships, improve social and emotional learning, and share in a mini inquiry lesson to get those thinking caps warmed up.
Get Your Wiggles Out
Time for students to organize their supplies for the day, grab a snack and get ready for the first live lesson.
Language Arts Live Lesson
Monday is English Language Arts day which means it’s time for our story of the week. These mini lessons cover reading comprehension, vocabulary, phonics, fluency, grammar, and anything else that helps little language learners. Other days of the week feature different subjects.
Zen & Zest
A chance for relaxing, restroom breaks, royal robot battles and giving someone a hug.
Sun Devil Learning Time
Check your weekly/daily goals, this is the time for independent learning, personalized learning on adaptive software, collaborative group projects, live learning in small groups or one-on-one teacher time.
Big Break Lunch
Run. Rest. Refocus.
Sun Devil Learning Time
Similar to the morning Sun Devil Learning Time, this is a student’s chance to work independently, in small groups or one-on-one with the teacher.
What makes this time so special? It’s a chance for students to pursue their passions, whether that’s music, art, athletics, or something else.
This is optional time for students to participate in clubs. Our clubs are driven by student interest and change each semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
- printout of course pace chart and syllabus
- pencils and college ruled paper for students who would like to take written notes
- Microphone and webcam
- Windows 10 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- High speed internet (recommended)
- Edge (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Flash - latest version is recommended
- 1024x768 is recommended
- Pop-up blockers should be disabled
- Cookies should be enabled.