Love the flexibility of online school, but want a little more face-time with teachers and peers?
We have several unique programs that allow ASU Prep Digital students to spend time working with their peers.
High school students can spend time on an ASU college campus participating in guided workshops, hands-on activities, and real-world projects.
Elementary students gather with classmates in small groups to socialize and collaborate on parent-guided activities.
The rest of the week, students work at home on their digital lessons, supported by a local Learning Success Coach.
“This program has been a wonderful growing opportunity for her overall maturity and independence and provided significant academic and social development.”
Parent of 9th grade student
ASU Prep Local
Looking for a school home? Join one of our ASU Prep Local two-day programs and collaborate closely with your team all year.
- Year-long hybrid program located at the ASU West campus and the ASU Media and Immersive eXperience (MIX) Center in Mesa
- Available to all ASU Prep Digital 9th-12th grade students (12th grade exclusive to ASU Prep Local re-enrolled students)
- ASU Prep Digital coursework is enhanced with in-person collaboration, discussion, and project-based learning in small-group settings
- Students build community and interpersonal skills through face-to-face engagement
ASU Prep Experience
Want to test out the in-person experience of a real college campus? Join one of our ASU Prep Experience one-day classes this semester. Or check out a video of our Poly or Tempe Experiences.
- Semester-long Honors Elective course (.5 credits)
- Experiences will rotate between ASU campuses on a semester or yearly basis
- Faculty-supported workshops that focus on real-world, project-based learning
- Students connect and collaborate with ASU faculty to explore degree paths and career options
Elementary Learning Pods
Learning Pods are a great way for young online students to connect and collaborate. These family-driven groups offer the opportunity for studying, socializing and engaging in fun activities with classmates. Each pod is unique, with some involving in-person field trips and park meet-ups while others host virtual movie nights and Zoom games.
ASU Prep Digital families have organized learning pods by neighborhood, by state and by common interest. Any parent of an ASU Prep Digital student can start a learning pod, so if you’re interested in learning more, please contact your home room teacher for details.
ASU Prep Academy Hybrid
The hybrid program provides support and instruction on a flexible, as-needed basis while students work through the course curriculum and content at home and in person, with teacher support.
- Three days per week students work in-person on an ASU Prep Academy campus. Two days per week they work from home.
- They participate in project-based learning in small groups with the support of a Personalized Learning Advisor, who will aid in mentoring students and supporting their goals.
- Students will work online with live lessons from their digital teachers and support from their Learning Success Coach.
“I especially love how it is grounded in the present while creating a really positive foundation for the future (attending university, navigating more advanced topics and school structure).”
Parent of 10th grade student