Arizona Virtual Teacher Institute
ASU Prep Digital has created the Arizona Virtual Teacher Institute to help Arizona teachers thrive in the new reality where online instruction is a part of every school plan.
This training is provided at no cost to schools or teachers through the generous investment of the Arizona Department of Education, the Governor’s Office, Helios Education Foundation and Arizona State University.
Check the Training Calendar for dates and details.Get Updates on Training Events
Free Professional Development for Every Teacher
The training institute was designed to help Arizona teachers not just survive but thrive in adopting new digital, blended, hybrid, and tech-rich instructional practices. Topics include:
Online curriculum • Learning management system • Best practices in online instruction • Setting up a virtual instruction plan • Web 2.0 tools (web conferencing, plagiarism detection, etc.) • Live lessons • Pace charts • Setting up a home page • Supporting students with special needs • Creating supplemental resources and customizations • Academic integrity & discussion-based assessments • Preparing for “go live” with students • Best practices for effective communication • Monitoring student progress • Building social presence • Social and emotional learning in an online environment • Teaching time and stress management
Personalized for Schools
We are offering a flexible menu of options that allows teachers to participate in multiple training sessions each month. School leaders can specify requirements for their staff, let teachers choose, request a special session for their school, or offer a combination of free choice and required sessions.
In addition to live offerings, we will offer asynchronous content delivered monthly to your inbox that includes opportunities to earn PD hours, via assessments, at your own time and pace.
To discuss a customized training for your school, schedule a call with one of our school partnership representatives.
Leverage the flexibility of online learning for your staff.
Summer Boot Camps!
Arizona K-12 educators and leaders will be preparing for the next school year at one of these three-day professional development sessions. Attendees will earn 10 hours of PD credit over the three-day training. Session begin at 9am.
Innovation Camp: In this hands-on session, participants discover how educational technology tools can provide a gateway to classroom innovation. Participants will explore tools and begin to create innovative instruction while cultivating innovative thinking in students.
Future of School: This session will emphasize researched-based strategies used by effective virtual teachers that can be utilized by in-person teachers. We will focus on remediation and acceleration strategies and best practices to incorporate social-emotional learning.
Project-Based Learning: Participants will examine the fundamentals of project-based learning, focusing heavily on using inquiry, appropriate rigor, and an emphasis on essential and driving questions. They will learn about tools to streamline the PBL process and work together to begin planning their own PBL unit.
To register, visit the Training Calendar for dates and times.
These three-hour summer sessions are a great way to prepare for next year. Training will run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9am-12pm. Please check out the training calendar to register and view a full schedule of events. Session topics will include:
- Introduction to Canvas
- Google Classroom and Beyond
- Critical Skills for the Emerging Online Teacher
- Advanced Practices for Online Teachers
- Effective Classroom Management in a Digital Age
- Educator Self Care/Foundations of Well-Being
- Engaging with Families as Partners
- Promoting Equity and Access
- Increasing Student Engagement through Feedback and Reflection
- Elementary Math
- Promoting Literacy-Elementary
- Strategies for Implementing Standards for Mathematical Practice-Middle School
- Promoting Literacy-Middle School
- Strategies for Implementing Standards for Mathematical Practice- High School
- Promoting Literacy-High School
- Innovation in the K-12 Social Studies/History Classroom
- Innovation in the K-12 Science Classroom
- Promoting College and Career Readiness
- Introduction to Online Wellness: An Educator’s Guide to Incorporating Digital Citizenship
Dive in deeper with a 2-hour session that includes time to work on a product, artifact, or tool you can immediately apply in the classroom. Check the Training Calendar for dates and times. Example topics include:
- Social Presence & Bitomoji in the Classroom
- Live Lesson Makeover – Increasing Engagement for Video Conferencing
- Assessment in an Online Environment
- Project-based Learning
- Google Classroom
Join experts from ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College and colleagues from across the state to explore what educator teams look like (or could look like!) in virtual and blended instructional environments. Check the Training Calendar for dates and times. Example topics include:
- Educator Teams in Virtual and Blended Environments
- New Educator Roles